- Sanlam Risk Premium: R38.50
- KBFT: R25.58
- KIA Commission: R14.75
- Contribution to ZCC: R10.17
- Church Branch Retention: R1.00
- Monthly Contribution: R90.00
- Pukwana ya Kganya will cover a Member and nominated children who pass away by accidental or natural causes.
- After becoming a Member, there is a 3 month waiting period before death by natural causes is covered.
- In the event of a death, Burial Cover takes away worries about money during such a difficult time.
- Burial Cover makes sure that the Member and nominated children can have a dignified funeral when they pass on from this world.
- All children nominated in the Membership Book, under 25 years old, will remain covered if the Member dies.
|Who is covered?||How much will you receive?||Remember|
|Dependants 14 - 24 Years||R27,000|
|Dependants 6 - 13 Years||R13,000|
|Dependants 1 - 5 Years||R9,500|
|Dependants 0 - 1 Year||R5,200|
- This Personal Accident Cover is for the Member AND nominated dependants in the Membership Book, where such persons become Permanently Disabled.
- Permanent Disability means:
- the injury was caused by an accident.
- the injury will be there for the rest of the person’s life and there is little or no chance of it healing.
- the accident was not expected by the person.
- you must be able to see the injury.
- the disability must be permanent.
|Cover for Permanent Disability||Member||14 - 24 Years||6 - 13 Years||1 - 5 Years||0 - 1 Year|
|Permanent loss of movement to both arms and legs (quadriplegic)||R27,000||R27,000||R13,000||R9,500||R5,200|
|The loss of 2 or more limbs at or above the wrist or ankle||R27,000||R27,000||R13,000||R9,500||R5,200|
|Permanent and total loss of speech||R27,000||R27,000||R13,000||R9,500||R5,200|
|Permanent loss of hearing in both ears||R27,000||R27,000||R13,000||R9,500||R5,200|
|Permanent and total loss of hearing in 1 ear||R13,500||R13,500||R6,500||R4,750||R2,600|
|Some loss of hearing in 1 ear (50%)||R6,750||R6,750||R3,250||R2,375||R1,300|
|Permanent blindness in both eyes||R27,000||R27,000||R13,000||R9,500||R5,200|
|Permanent blindness in 1 eye||R13,500||R13,500||R6,500||R4,750||R2,600|
|Some loss of sight in 1 eye (50%)||R6,750||R6,750||R3,250||R2,375||R1,300|
|Loss or unable to use a limb at or above the wrist or ankle||R27,000||R27,000||R13,000||R9,500||R5,200|
|Complete loss of 4 fingers on 1 hand||R18,900||R18,900||R9,100||R6,650||R3,640|
|Complete loss of 3 fingers on 1 hand||R10,800||R10,800||R5,200||R3,800||R2,080|
|Complete loss of 2 fingers on 1 hand||R6,750||R6,750||R3,250||R2,375||R1,300|
|Complete loss of thumb||R8,100||R8,100||R3,900||R2,850||R1,560|
|Partial loss of thumb||R4,050||R4,050||R1,950||R1,425||R780|
|Complete loss of 4 toes on 1 foot||R8,100||R8,100||R3,900||R2,850||R1,560|
|Complete loss of 1 toe||R1,350||R1,350||R650||R475||R260|
- This is cover for the Member only.
- Claims terms and conditions are contained in the Dread Disease Regulations, a summary of which is contained in the Membership Book.
- You MUST read the summary of the Regulations in your Membership Book very carefully!
- If there is something that you do not understand, phone the Kganya Helpline 0800 000 538.
- These diseases must be diagnosed by a Medical Specialist.
- Keep all your medical records in a safe place.
|What is covered?||What does this mean?||How much will you receive?|
|Heart Attack||This is when a part of the heart muscle dies because of too little blood supply to the heart.||R27,000|
|Stroke||This is when blood vessels are blocked or burst in the brain causing too little oxygen to get to certain parts of the brain. The damage from the stroke must last for more than 3 months.||R27,000|
|Cancer||This is when the person has a malignant tumour. These include lymphoma and sarcoma.||R27,000|
|Coronary Artery (Bypass) Surgery||This is when the person has heart surgery to fix a narrowing or blockage of 2 or more heart arteries.||R27,000|
|Total Kidney Failure||This is when both kidneys stop working. The disease is long-term and cannot be fixed.||R27,000|
|Major Organ Transplant||This is when a person receives a donor heart, liver, pancreas, bone marrow, kidney or lungs.||R27,000|
|Blindess||This is when a person has become permanently blind in both eyes because of a sickness or disease.||R27,000|
|Coma||This is when a person is unconscious because of a sickness and does not respond for at least 96 hours while on life support machines and there is permanent brain damage.||R27,000|
|Multiple Sclerosis (MS)||When a person has symptoms of demyelination (when the thin cover over the nerves is damaged) and their movements and senses like hearing, touch and seeing are affected. An MRI scan is used to help diagnose this disease. Symptoms must last longer than 6 months.||R27,000|
How to claim
- Claims must be made by a Member.
- Your claim must include the following:
- a Dread Disease Claim Notification form signed by the Church Committee of the church branch;
- the Medical Report;
- the original Identity Document of the Member;
- the Membership Book; and
- any other documents which would be needed for the claim.
- Contact the toll-free Kganya Helpline on 0800 000 538 for the contact number and address of the nearest Kganya Service Centre where your claim must be handed in. Claims can also be processed at select Sanlam Client Care Offices.
- A claim must be made within 12 months from when the disease was diagnosed by a Medical Specialist.
- The Dread Disease claim will not be paid if the person dies before the claim is handed in.
- Your Membership Contribution must be paid in full for the 3 months directly before the Dread Disease was diagnosed by the Medical Specialist.
Such services offered include:
- The transfer of the deceased to a funeral home in South Africa (selected by the Member or beneficiary) closest to the place of burial, provided that the distance between the collection of the remains and the destination of such remains is greater than 100km (routes to be negotiated between the Member or beneficiary and the Service Provider);
- Assistance in obtaining documentation.
What to do: A surviving family member calls 0800 000 538 to arrange for the remains to be moved from one area to another.
- ZCC, via the Trust, introduced a programme whereby qualifying Members who want to travel to attend Moria Conferences (Easter, September and December) are given a 50% discount on bus fare.
- Another benefit of Leeto la Moria is that where a discounted bus ticket is issued, the Member may be eligible for a free meal at all three conferences during the calendar year printed on the Leeto la Moria receipt.
- To qualify for the discount in a particular calendar year, the Member must:
- purchase a R5.00 Leeto la Moria receipt from his/her local Church; and
- have paid a Contribution in each of the 12 months prior to the month in which the Leeto la Moria receipt is purchased.
- To clarify:
- In order to qualify for the discount the Member will need to purchase a R5.00 Leeto la Moria receipt. They will only be permitted to purchase this receipt if they have paid a Contribution in each of the 12 months prior to the purchase of the R5.00 receipt. This receipt will have a calendar year printed on it which means that once this receipt is inserted into the Member’s Membership Book, he/she will be able to purchase a bus ticket at a 50% discount for any or all of the three Moria Conferences held but only during that calendar year, i.e. Easter, September and December. He/she will need to purchase another Leeto la Moria receipt in the subsequent year if discounted bus tickets are required in that year.
- Bus tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Roadside Assist helps Members travelling to Moria by car.
- It provides reliable roadside assistance to Members.
- This service is available during conference weekends from a week before the conference weekend and until a week after the weekend.
- Roadside Assist is free subject to limits.
- To assist Members, The Trust has negotiated Road Side Assistance Services with Global Choices Lifestyle (Pty) Ltd.
- Road Side emergency services are limited to R2,000 inclusive of VAT per incident.
- Tow-in services are limited to R3,000 inclusive of VAT per incident.
How do you qualify for these benefits?
- You must have a Pukwana ya Kganya Membership Book
- You must pay your Contribution for Pukwana ya Kganya in the month when the Roadside Assist services are needed or in the month just before that.
Why is there Roadside Assist?
- It is your right to arrive safely at Moria.
- When your car breaks down, it costs you valuable time and money.
What are the benefits of Roadside Assist?
- Tow-in Service:
- Towing your car to the nearest approved dealership (if the vehicle is under warranty) or to a repair centre or panel beater.
- This service is for mechanical or electrical breakdown and accident damage.
- A maximum amount of R3,000 (incl. VAT) per breakdown.
- Road Side Emergency Service:
- Flat battery (jump start).
- Flat tyre (help with changing the tyre).
- Keys locked in vehicle (unlocking only).
- Fuel Assistance (5L per breakdown).
- Minor repairs at the roadside (for example, electrical, oil, immobiliser).
- Sending urgent messages.
- A maximum amount of R2,000 (incl. VAT) per breakdown.
- 24-Hour Kganya Helpline:
- Kganya will send help to you, if your car breaks down during your journey to Moria and back home for the 3 conferences each year (Easter, September and December).
- ZCC, via the Trust, has made additional Burial and Personal Accident Benefits (Thari ya Baruti Benefits) available to officials of the 20 member ZCC Church Committees and ZCC Youth Committees (Officials) as well as permanent Moria workers at no cost to them.
- These persons only get the extra benefits if they are Members and pay their monthly Contributions.
- The amount of the Thari ya Baruti Benefit will equal 50% of the Burial Benefit or Personal Accident Benefit paid.
EXTRA BURIAL AND PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVER
- These additional Benefits relate to Burial and Personal Accident Cover only.
- They will receive the Benefit for the normal Cover for Burial or Personal Accident PLUS an extra 50% of the Benefit. For example, if a Burial Benefit of R27,000 is paid out then another R13,500 will be paid for the Thari ya Baruti Benefit.
- The Thari ya Baruti benefit will only be paid if the underlying Burial or Personal Accident Benefit is paid.
How to claim
- The relevant Pukwana ya Kganya claim form must be completed.
- On the Pukwana ya Kganya claim form a question will be asked relating to the persons standing as either a Committee Member, Youth Committee Member or Moria worker. If the answer is ‘Yes’ then a confirmation letter including position and date of appointment must be provided.
Conditions of Thari ya Baruti
- These benefits are only available to Committee Members, Youth Committee Members and Moria workers who are officially registered at Moria. Committees must be correctly registered, constituted and function within the ZCC constitution.
- Claims for Thari ya Baruti will only be paid by Kganya after they receive a letter from Moria confirming the official’s active membership / employment and if they qualify for the Benefits.
- If the person is no longer a Committee Member, Youth Committee Member or Moria worker then his Thari ya Baruti Benefits will automatically stop and the Member will not be covered for the additional 50% benefit.
- Link Pharmacies
- Select Clicks Pharmacy Clinics
- Script Savers
- Pharmacy at Spar
- The Local Choice Pharmacy
- Alpha Pharm
- Arrie Nel
- We Care
If an Official or Moria worker requires assistance in locating a pharmacy in close proximity to them, they may call the Kganya Helpline on 0800 000 538.
- You must approach a Church Official at your church branch. The Church Official is trained by Kganya and he will help you join.
- Registration: the Church Official will help you to complete your details in a Pukwana ya Kganya Membership Book
- You will pay R90 for the cost of the Membership Book and the first contribution of R90 to the Church Official for the Pukwana ya Kganya Benefits and Services.
- The Church Official will stick a receipt into your Pukwana ya Kganya Membership Book.
How do I claim?
- Phone the Kganya Helpline on 0800 000 538 between 08h00 and 16h30 weekdays only for any queries.
- Visit your Church Committee and get a claim form. They will help you complete the document.
- Visit a Kganya Service Centre (you can find the address on the Contact Us page).
- Pukwana ya Kganya claims can also be processed at select Sanlam Client Care Offices.
- Read the Summary Regulations contained in your Pukwana ya Kganya Membership Book.
- Kganya will pay you directly via EFT.
- For Roadside Assistance phone the Kganya Helpline on 0800 000 538.