- Centriq Risk Premium: R232.24
- KIA Commission: R39.56
- KIA Binder Fee: R31.92
- No Claim Bonus: R13.94
- SASRIA: R2.34
- Monthly Premium: R320.00 (15% VAT included)
|What is covered?||Description||We will pay you up to|
|Motor Vehicle Accident||If your car is damaged in an accident||R60,000|
|Theft||If your car is stolen||R60,000|
|Total Write-Off||If your car cannot be repaired||R60,000|
|Passengers||If your passengers are killed or disabled||R60,000|
|3rd Party||For Damage & Injury to another car||R60,000|
|Towing||For mechanical & electrical breakdown only||R3,000|
|Windscreen||If your windscreen needs to be replaced||R5,000|
|Malicious Damage and Riots||Caused by political riots or another person||R60,000|
|Getting Quotes||We will pay your expenses to get quotes||R500|
No Claim Bonus = R350 - This is our reward to you for looking after your Vehicle. If you pay your Premium every month consecutively for each twenty-four (24) month period from the time you took out this Policy and you do not have any claims during each of these 24 month periods, you may claim R350 back. The benefit is not optional and the cost of the benefit is R13.94 per month.
You are not insured for the following:
- Damage to tyres caused when you apply the brakes of the car too hard
- Punctures in tyres caused by potholes
- Cuts or bursts in tyres except when this happens from an accident causing other damage to your car
- Your car getting old or rusting
- If the inside of the car is torn or gets wet and rots
- If your car has electrical problems (You are covered for towing only)
- If your car breaks down because of engine failure (You are covered for towing only)
- If the engine wears out and it has to be repaired or rebuilt
- Damage to your car if the car is not roadworthy
- If your car has been taken away from you legally by the South African Police or the Traffic Police
- The theft of any items fitted to or left inside your vehicle.
We will not pay for damage to the car that is NOT from an accident. Please remember that we cannot pay for the maintenance of your car. The Kganya Koloi insurance is for damage from an accident.
How much do I pay?
- R320 for the insurance (cover)
- Every Month: R320 for the cover
- The car must belong to you and be registered in your name.
- All drivers must have a valid driver’s license
- The car must be for PRIVATE use only
- You can register 1 car per Policy and may not have more than 2 Policies per Policyholder at any time.
- You must report a theft to the police station within 2 days
- You can carry a maximum of 4 passengers, including children
- The car must be roadworthy at all times
- You must pay every month to be covered
- You must pay R320 Premium every month at your Church branch
WHAT IS MY EXCESS?
- When your Vehicle is damaged in an accident, you will pay an Excess which will be deducted from the amount of your claim. If you claim more than once over the duration of your Policy your Excess will increase. The Excess amounts are as follows:
- First claim Excess: R2,000
- Second claim Excess: R2,500
- Third and any further claims Excess: R3,000
- When the windscreen on your Vehicle is damaged (broken/cracked) you will be covered up to a maximum of R5,000 but you will pay an Excess of R500 if the glass needs to be replaced.
- When your Vehicle is stolen, you will pay an Excess of R3,000.
|R2,000||For damage to your car from an accident|
|R3,000||If your car is stolen|
|No Excess||If the 3rd party, (other car) has damage or injury|
|No Excess||If the passengers in your car are injured|
|R500||If your windscreen glass needs to be replaced|
|No Excess||For towing for mechanical or electrical breakdown|
- We will value the Scrap at 15% of the Sum Insured in all cases and your payment from us will be reduced by that amount. This is in addition to applicable Excesses.
TOWING COSTS ACCIDENT
- Towing costs will be paid to a maximum of R5,000.
TOWING COSTS MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN
- Towing costs will be paid to a maximum of R3,000 per annum. Claim preparation costs and Excesses are not applicable to this item.
CLAIM PREPARATION COSTS
- We will pay you R500 for the expenses you had to get quotations and posting the documents to us, where applicable. We will only pay you this amount if your claim is accepted.
- This is the money we may pay if you or your Passengers die in an accident in your Vehicle, of which you were the driver at the time of the accident. Claims for Passengers are subject to rules relating to the Road Accident Fund.
|Cover for Accidental Death||How much will you receive?|
|Person 14 years or older||R15,000|
|Person between 6 and 13 years old inclusive||R5,500|
|Person between 1 and 5 years old inclusive||R2,750|
|A baby before their first birthday||R1,500|
- This is the money we may pay you if you or your Passengers are permanently disabled in an accident in your Vehicle, of which you were the driver at the time of the accident. Claims for Passengers are subject to rules relating to the Road Accident Fund.
|Cover for Permanent Disability||Policyholder||14 Years+||6 - 13 Years||1 - 5 Years||0 - 1 Year|
|Permanent and total quadriplegia||R15,000||R15,000||R5,500||R2,750||R1,500|
|Permanent and total paraplegia or the loss of 2 or more limbs at or above the wrist or ankle||R15,000||R15,000||R5,500||R2,750||R1,500|
|Permanent and total loss of speech||R15,000||R15,000||R5,500||R2,750||R1,500|
|Permanent and total loss of hearing in both ears||R15,000||R15,000||R5,500||R2,750||R1,500|
|Permanent and total loss of hearing in 1 ear||R7,500||R7,500||R3,000||R1,500||R750|
|Partial loss of hearing in one ear (50%)||R3,500||R3,500||R1,500||R750||R375|
|Permanent and total loss of sight in both eyes||R15,000||R15,000||R5,500||R2,750||R1,500|
|Permanent and total loss of sight in 1 eye||R7,500||R7,500||R3,000||R1,500||R750|
|Partial loss of sight in one eye (50%)||R3,500||R3,500||R1,500||R750||R375|
|Loss or loss of use of limb at or above the wrist or ankle||R15,000||R15,000||R5,500||R2,750||R1,500|
|Complete loss of 4 fingers on one hand (loss of at least 2 joints)||R10,000||R10,000||R4,000||R2,000||R1,000|
|Complete loss of 3 fingers on one hand (loss of at least 2 joints)||R5,500||R5,500||R2,200||R1,100||R700|
|Complete loss of 2 fingers on one hand (loss of at least 2 joints)||R3,000||R3,000||R1,200||R900||R750|
|Complete loss of thumb (loss of 2 joints)||R4,500||R4,500||R1,800||R900||R750|
|Partial loss of thumb (at least 1 joint)||R2,200||R2,200||R900||R900||R750|
|Complete loss of 4 toes on one foot (loss of at least 2 joints)||R4,500||R4,500||R1,800||R900||R750|
|Complete loss of a toe on any foot (at least 1 joint)||R1,500||R1,500||R1,200||R900||R750|
- Non-medical expense cover is limited to a maximum of R5,000 per incident. Claims for Passengers are subject to the unsuccessful settlement of any applicable Road Accident Fund claim.This is not a medical scheme and the cover is not the same as a medical scheme. This Policy benefit is not a substitute for a medical scheme membership.
- Read the information on this page or the Kganya Koloi Policy wording to understand how we will protect you and your car.
- Then you can talk to a Church Official at your Church branch. He has been trained to help you. If you are satisfied that your vehicle meets the acceptance criteria and you want to take Kganya Koloi Motor Insurance, the Church official will help you.
- If you are uncertain if your vehicle would meet the required criteria of the Policy you may contact us on 0800 000 538 for validation prior to completing the application and paying first Premium.
- You will sign a contract with the Insurance Company. A contract is made when two or more people agree to do something. This contract will be in writing and will consist of:
- An Application Form to be completed by you.
- The Policy wording which explains what you are protected for and what you are not protected for.
- The Policy Schedule which is prepared by us and serves as proof that Kganya has approved your application.
- The Church Official will help you complete all the documents and you will pay the Premiums to the Church Official.
- You will pay R320 every month.
- The Church Official will give you a receipt, which will be glued into your Kganya Koloi Premium Payment Book.
- All of these documents will make up your contract. Please keep them in a safe place as the contract is not valid until finalization of all of the above.
How do I claim?
- You must report any incident involving your vehicle to the South African Police within 48 hours of it occurring.
- After you report the accident, please get an Accident Report number from the SAPS station where you reported the incident.
- It is very important that you take photographs of your damaged vehicle, as soon as possible after the accident and before your vehicle has been removed from the scene of accident. You must submit a claim in writing to us within 30 days of the incident.
- Please visit your Church committee and get a claim form. They will help you complete the document. Please ensure that your claim form is handed over to a Service Centre Manager at your nearest Service Centre or alternatively you may email it directly to [email protected] for prompt processing. In order to process your claim efficiently, please also notify Kganya Insurance Administrators (Pty) Ltd (RF) as soon as possible, telephonically or by way of e-mail to [email protected], to inform us that you have submitted a claim.
- You can contact Kganya Insurance Administrators (Pty) Ltd (RF), where the claim process will be explained to you. Phone us on 0800 000 538 between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday only. Alternatively the claims process is explained in detail in your Policy wording under the section titled "What you must do if you have a claim"